Joshua L. Mallin
Joshua L. Mallin was admitted to the New York Bar in 1985 and the United
States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York in 1987.
Since 2007, Mr. Mallin has been named on the
Super Lawyers® list in the field of insurance coverage litigation for the New York Metropolitan area.
Mr. Mallin has been a featured speaker at the mid-year meeting of the Tort
and Insurance Practice and Committee of the American Bar Association as
well as the New York State Bar Association. He has authored multiple articles,
including "W&M Addresses Forum on Business Interruption Claims
in the Wake of 911," "The Innocent Co-Insured Doctrine,"
"Post-Loss Indemnity Issues: The Unstable Ground of Loss Valuation,"
and "Current Trends in First Party Insurance Law." Mr. Mallin
is also a featured speaker for the National Association of Public Insurance
He was the president of the Moot Court Honor Society from 1983 to 1984
and had the honor of being the Assistant District Attorney for the Kings
County District Attorney's Office from 1984 to 1987. This experience
has guided his practice and provided the solid foundation of knowledge
that benefits all of our clients.
Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 1984: J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society, President, 1983-1984
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 1981: B.A.
- New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2004
Professional associations and memberships:
- Super Lawyers for the New York Metropolitan area from 2007-2021
- Association of the Bar of New York City, Committee on Admission to the
- New York County Lawyers Association: Member
- New York State Bar Association: Member
- American Bar Association, Committee on Tort and Insurance Practice: Member
- American Bar Association, Committee on Litigation: Member
- Small Claim Part, Civil Court, New York City: Arbitrator
Past governmental employment positions:
- Kings County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney,
1984 - 1987